Check back often for details on upcoming financial literacy events.
March Is Fraud Prevention Month
Canadians cannot afford to let their guard down when it come to fraud prevention. According to a new survey conducted by CPA Canada, Fraudsters targeted almost 3 in 4 Canadians in 2020.
- On-Demand Webinar - The New Fraud Landscape
- Do you feel safe working from home? Are you taking the necessary precautions to protect you and your employer? Find out where you stand and how to work safe by tuning into CPA Canada’s webinar, “The New Fraud Landscape” with expert David Malamed, CPA, CA and a CPA court-qualified investigative and forensic accountant.
- Organize a financial literacy fraud session in your community.
- Read the 2021 CPA Canada Fraud Survey. Some of the areas covered by the annual study include the types of fraud Canadians experience, as well as their online habits, specifically how they treat personal information.
- Financial Literacy Blog - Fraud predictions for 2021
CPA Canada released a new episode of the Mastering Money Podcast, Tax Time Doesn't Have to be Taxing.
Tax time doesn’t have to be taxing! Get the information you need to know before filing your taxes this year. In this episode of CPA Canada’s Mastering Money Podcast, Fabio Bonanno, CPA, CA, Principal Taxation at CPA Canada walks listeners through the process during an unpredictable time.
Small Business Webinar Series
CPA Canada Financial Literacy is committed to providing information to the small business community. Learn about key topics, from financial statements basics to effective financial management, and hear about the many supports available.
- CPA Canada Canadian Finance Study 2020
- Online public consultation on Canada’s renewed financial literacy strategy – Your input is valuable
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada's Online Budget Planner Tool
- CPA Canada Financial Literacy Resources Hub
- Government of Canada — Get cyber safe
- Government of Canada – Financial Literacy Self-Assessment Quiz
- CPA Canada's Mastering Money Podcast
- CPA Canada's Financial Literacy Blog
- CPA Canada's Small Business Webinar Series
- CPA Canada's The Road Ahead Webinar Series
CPA Canada's Financial Wellness Guide
CPA Canada developed the Financial Wellness Guide to help you understand money basics as they apply to you. This questionnaire will guide you through a series of questions about your current financial situation, your plans and your needs and goals, explaining the most common financial terms in plain language as you go along. When you are finished, it will provide you with a free, straightforward report that includes tools and information you can use to plan your next steps. Take control of your financial situation.
- Learn key money terms on your own time, in your own space
- Look at your finances from a holistic point of view
- Get free, trustworthy advice with no strings attached
- Develop a personal game plan
CPA Canada's Financial Literacy Publications - available in physical and e-book formats
- Raising Money-Smart Kids
- Protecting you and your money
- The procrastinator’s guide to retirement
- Survive and thrive: Move ahead financially after losing your job
- Babie$: How much they really cost
- Love and money: Conversations before marriage
- Uncovering Fraud: True Stories About Fraud, Fraudsters & How They Got Caught
Become a Financial Literacy Volunteer
CPAs are invited to join CPA Canada’s financial literacy volunteer program. Share your knowledge and expertise as a professional financial expert by becoming a financial literacy volunteer in our Financial Literacy Community Connect Network, CPA Canada’s financial literacy volunteer program.
CPA Canada's Introduction to Indigenous People's Culture Course
Gain insight, knowledge and skills to better understand the perspectives of Indigenous students as they navigate through the CPA profession and education in accounting and finance. This free, on-demand course is available to the public here.