CPA SASKATCHEWAN CAREER FAIR REPRESENTATIVES
Are you interested in sharing your passion for the CPA profession?
CPA Saskatchewan is looking for members to volunteer their time sharing their passion about their profession at high school career fairs.
Members are needed at the career fair booth from approximately 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. You will interact with participants and answer their questions about why they should consider a career as a CPA. Please feel free to volunteer for all or a portion of this time. There is also the potential opportunity at these career fairs for a session presentation where you can speak to the career opportunities of becoming a CPA.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities or would like your name added to a list should there be opportunities in your area in the future, please contact Rita Bennett at (306) 337-4851, or by email.
Call for Applications: YWCA Regina Board of Directors
The YWCA of Regina's Board is a governance board and its Directors include women with a wide range of skill sets and from a variety of backgrounds. For the upcoming term, we are seeking Directors who are women with legal, risk assessment, finance and accounting expertise and that represent the community that the YWCA serves as we strive for the composition of the Board to reflect the diversity of our community. We therefore encourage people from diverse backgrounds to put themselves forward for consideration as a new YWCA Regina Board member.
The YWCA Regina is committed to inclusiveness in all matters and therefore will consider for nomination any person who is passionate about women's issues in our community.
Nominations can be submitted by visiting bit.ly/YWCABoard2019. Nominations close February 14, 2019.
The YWCA Regina's mission is to support the diverse needs of women in the realization of their full potential. One of the largest YWCA's in Canada, the YWCA Regina came into existence in 1910 and is the only multi-service women's organization in the city. Our organization employs approximately 250 people, served over 7000 women and children in 2018 and plans to build a $35-million facility in the near term. The proposed Centre for Women and Families would be a community hub that would focus on working with vulnerable women and children before crisis, and thereby reduce the number of people needing our shelter.
Volunteer Treasurer - Saskatchewan Cerebral Palsy Association
The Saskatchewan Cerebral Palsy Association (SCPA) is seeking a volunteer to serve as treasurer on its Board of Directors. SCPA is in a period of renewed growth and seeking an energetic and impassioned individual dedicated to making a difference to persons with cerebral palsy and other disabilities in Saskatchewan.
The Saskatchewan Cerebral Palsy Association is a registered non-profit charity focused on helping individuals with cerebral palsy and other disabilities in the province of Saskatchewan. Our mission is to ensure individuals with cerebral palsy the right to opportunities to achieve their fullest potential through education, health care and access to all amenities of the community. More information about our programs and services can be found at www.cpsk.ca
This position is suited to a candidate holding a professional accounting designation or a student working towards a professional accounting designation.
For more information, contact
Janice Bushfield, Executive Director (consulting)
Girl Guides of Canada – SK Council Seeking Provincial Treasurer
To review and monitor the financial management of all Girl Guides of Canada, Saskatchewan Council
- Attend meetings of Provincial Council, finance committee and standing committee advisors; to present a financial report and answer or investigate all inquiries and concerns.
- Compare budgeted to actual expenditures and investigate any significant discrepancies.
- Review Internal Controls annually.
- Oversees the review of accounting policies and practices
- Reviews significant accounting and reporting judgments made by management
- Reviews interim financial statements
- Reviews significant financial risks and assess mitigating controls
- Ensure an annual budget is prepared and presented to the Provincial Council.
- Ensures budgets are approved by the Provincial Council and ready for presentation to National in required format by required deadline.
- Oversees the timely preparation of materials for external auditors and financial statements.
- Present the annual audited financial statement
- Review Audited Financial Statements and management letter points with the auditors.
- Reviews the performance/independence of the auditor
Provides support to Provincial Council
- Supports the establishment of long and short term goals, objectives and priorities for meeting the financial needs of the organization within GGC Bylaws and Policies, standards and controls, CICA standards and relevant legislation.
- Mentors and provides orientation to new incoming provincial Treasurer.
- In conjunction with Nominating Committee prepares a succession plan for the provincial treasurer.
Provides Support to Areas, District and Units
- Ensure that Areas and Districts have completed, and submitted to the Provincial level, all requirements of the annual Compliance package, including timely completion of a year-end review, and that checking that appropriate financial and best business practices are being followed by the Districts, Areas and Properties.
- Respond to finance related questions from Area and District Treasurers and Commissioners and Provincial Advisers, as well as other Guiders in the field.
- Ensure that appropriate financial practices are being followed at the Area and District level and assist Area and District Commissioners/Area Treasurers in ensuring compliance with financial standards at all levels within the Province.
Term of Office – One Year
The Provincial Treasurer may be elected or selected annually by the Provincial Council, and must be custodian of the funds of the Provincial Council. They will be eligible for re-election/re-appointment annually to a maximum for five (5) consecutive years.
Please email email@example.com with any interest.