Internationally Trained Accountants

Your path to the Canadian CPA designation in Saskatchewan.


In the Province of Saskatchewan, the accounting profession is regulated under the Accounting Profession Act (the Act).

Within the Province of Saskatchewan, only members registered with CPA Saskatchewan may use the title “professional accountant” or any designation, title, initials or description, abbreviated or otherwise, that implies that the individual is a member of a professional accounting body.

Registration as a member with CPA Saskatchewan is not required to provide non-regulated accounting services including bookkeeping, tax preparation and accounting services that are not provided to the public. For example, individuals working as account receivable clerks or in similar basic accounting functions under supervision are not regulated and without additional experience in more senior accounting positions would not qualify for registration as members of CPA Saskatchewan.

Information for Internationally Designated Accountants

Are you a designated member of an accounting body that is a member of IFAC and interested in becoming a member of CPA Saskatchewan?

Email CPA Saskatchewan for information on the process and include the following in your email:

  1. What is your designation and accounting body?
  2. Are you currently living and working in Saskatchewan? If not, where do you currently reside and work and when do you plan on relocating to Saskatchewan?
  3. Was your qualifying experience obtained outside of Canada?
  4. Are you currently providing assurance services, and do you plan to perform assurance engagements in Saskatchewan?

View the full list of IFAC member accounting bodies.

Some international accounting bodies have Member Recognition Agreements (MRA), Reciprocal Membership Agreements (RMA), or Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with CPA Canada or the legacy accounting bodies in Canada. Review the information on CPA Canada’s website to determine whether your accounting body has an agreement with CPA Canada, and email CPA Saskatchewan for information on the processes to become a CPA in Canada.

Information for Non-Designated, Internationally Trained Accountants

Are you interested in becoming a CPA and member of CPA Saskatchewan? You will be required to complete the CPA Certification Program. Please email usif you have any questions.


Are you seeking employment in Canada?

If you are working or seeking employment in Canada, CPA Canada's free online course, Guide to Accounting Business Culture: Adapting to the Canadian Workplace, is available to provide you with guidance on job searching and navigating the workplace in the Canadian accounting context.

Also, check the professional opportunities posted on CPA Saskatchewan's website.

If you are unsure whether your past experience, current role, or an upcoming opportunity will be relevant for the CPA Practical Experience Requirements, you can use the Practical Experience Self-Assessment Tool.

The Regina Open Door Societyand the Saskatoon Open Door Societyprovide employment and other supports to newcomers to Canada.


Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)

Most new Canadians are not eligible to be licensed upon registration as a member of CPA Saskatchewan and should answer NO to this question on the SINP application. Eligibility for licensing can be self-assessed by reviewing Section 20(4) of the Act and Regulatory Bylaw 16, available here.

Eligibility for licensing is only one factor upon which your SINP application is evaluated by the province. For SINP purposes, CPA Saskatchewan cannot confirm your eligibility to register as a member until you have completed the process to register as a member.