CPA Saskatchewan Scholarship Fund Inc
The CPA Saskatchewan Scholarship Fund Inc. provides scholarships, bursaries or grants to individuals living in Saskatchewan that are enrolled in the CPA preparatory courses and the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP).
The following scholarships and bursaries are available in the current calendar year. The deadline to apply is December 31, 2020.
The applicant must achieve a final exam mark of 80% or higher in any of the CPA preparatory courses below to be eligible to apply for the scholarship based on that course. The scholarship will then be awarded to the applicant with the highest mark in that CPA course. (If you are applying for a bursary, please see the Bursary Section).
Up to eight (8) scholarships for $650 each will be awarded to eligible students who applied; one scholarship for each of the following CPA preparatory courses:
- Intermediate Financial Reporting 1 - The Debbie Dillon Scholarship
- Intermediate Financial Reporting 2
- Advanced Financial Reporting - The Tony Ducie Scholarship
- Corporate Finance
- Audit and Assurance
- Intermediate Management Accounting
- Performance Management
Students that have taken the CPA preparatory course need to apply to be considered for that preparatory course scholarship.
Two (2) scholarships for $1,000 each will be awarded; one scholarship for each of the two CPA PEP Core Modules. Candidates that have taken the Core Module need to apply to be considered for that Core Module scholarship. The candidate must also meet the following requirements:
- Only candidates completing that Core module with distinction will be eligible
- Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their community involvement, since there are no marks to determine the top candidate
- An essay question on the candidate's background and community involvement will be included on the application
- Please enclose the most recent copy of your PEP program transcript
Four (4) Bursaries for $1,000 each are available to students in need:
- Students need to apply to be considered.
- The applicant must disclose their income level, including their spouse's income, and the number of dependents.
The student must provide both an employer recommendation letter (if employed) and an essay describing why they feel they should receive this award.
How to Apply
To apply for a scholarship or bursary, download an application form below.
Submit your completed application to the attention of Myrna Buttner at CPA Saskatchewan by mail, fax or email. Contact information is also included on the application form.
The deadline to apply for a scholarship or bursary is DECEMBER 31 each year.
About the CPA Saskatchewan Scholarship Fund Inc.
The CPA Saskatchewan Scholarship Fund Inc. is an affiliated but independent entity of CPA Saskatchewan. The Fund was originally established in 1991 as the legacy CGA Saskatchewan Scholarship Fund. With the unification of the profession it was determined that the Fund would be renamed the CPA Saskatchewan Scholarship Fund Inc.
The purposes of the Fund are as follows:
- The Fund is established to provide scholarships, bursaries or grants to individuals living in Saskatchewan that are enrolled in the CPA preparatory courses and the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP). The PEP program and the preparatory courses are administered by the CPA Western School of Business.
- The scholarships, bursaries or grants are to assist recipients in the continuation of their course of studies in Saskatchewan leading to the CPA professional designation.
- The activities of the Fund are restricted to promotion of higher education by providing bursaries, scholarships and grants to qualified students.
The Fund is managed by a Board and supported by the CPA Saskatchewan office staff. Myrna Buttner, Director of Member Events with CPA Saskatchewan serves as the Fund's primary staff contact.
All CPA Saskatchewan members are members of the Fund.
The current CPA Saskatchewan Scholarship Fund Inc. board members are:
- Don Walker, CPA, CGA (Chair)
- Natalie Styles, CPA, CGA (Secretary)
- Julie Tsui, CPA, CGA (Treasurer)
- Kristin Walker, CPA, CA
- Pamela Pifko, CPA, CMA
- Kyla Wilson, CPA, CA
- Loveleen Baldos, CPA, CMA